The Big Cat safari traverses through the Kenya’s best parks, giving one a higher chance if not certain, to see all the big cats. At the end of the safari one will have seen more than enough including the country’s different topographies and cultural diversity. Some of the highlights include; The Majestic Mount Kilimanjaro, the flamingos of Lake Nakuru, the biggest concentrations of wild animals in Masai Mara and the Savannah’s of Tsavo & Luggard’s fall.
Nairobi-Tsavo west national park
Pick up from hotel and drive to Tsavo West National Park. Check in at the park, game drive in search of the Big 5 among other game and bird life resident in the park en route to Kilaguni Serena Lodge arriving in time for lunch. Afternoon game drive with a Visit to the famous Mzima Springs with a ranger in search of crocodiles and hippos. Dinner and Overnight at Kilaguni Serena lodge.
Tsavo west-Tsavo east
Check out after early morning breakfast and drive to Tsavo East National Park which is famous for its large number of elephants. Game drive in the park in search for, Tsavo’s large herds of elephants, Hartebeest, Zebra, Giraffe, and more. Check in at Ashnil Aruba game Lodge. Lunch at the lodge. Afternoon game drive in search of the Big 5 and more. Dinner and overnight at Ashnil Aruba game Lodge.
Full day Tsavo east
Early morning game drive and visit the Laggards Falls, which forms an irresistible attraction to wildlife. Return to the lodge for breakfast and relax at the lodge. After lunch, you will embark on an afternoon game drive in search of game and resident Bird life inclusive of the Ostrich, Secretary bird, Eagles, Horn bills and more until evening. Dinner and overnight at Ashnil Aruba lodge.
Tsavo east- Salt lick Lodge
After breakfast depart for Taita Hill Santuary a unique site for watching over 300 species of birds and over 50 species of mammals such as Zebra, Cheetah, Lion, and Giraffe among others. Lunch at Sarova Saltlick Lodge. Afternoon nature walk with a guide. Return to the lodge by sunset. Evening game drive in search of Bush babies, Genet cats, Porcupines, grazing game and some big cats. Dinner and overnight at Sarova salt lick lodge.
Salt lick Lodge -Amboseli
After breakfast at the lodge, check out and drive to Amboseli National Park on the slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro with a game drive on route to the Ol Tukai lodge. Lunch at the lodge. Afternoon game drive to experience the park’s spectacular and breathtaking view of the iconic snow caped Mt. Kilimanjaro with a variety of animals in the park such as the elephant, lion, buffalo, leopard, spotted hyena, cheetah which makes Amboseli a photographer’s paradise.. Dinner and overnight at Ol Tukai lodge.
After breakfast check out and drive to Lake Naivasha National Park, through Nairobi where you will have Lunch. After lunch you will proceed and check in at the park with afternoon game drive en route to Naivasha Sopa Lodge. Dinner and Overnight at Naivasha Sopa lodge.
Lake Naivasha-Lake Nakuru
Check out after breakfast and drive to Lake Nakuru National Park. The park is a world famous location of the greatest bird spectacle on earth with the huge numbers of flamingo’s and 400 other species of birds are resident on the park among them being pelicans, cormorants, secretary bird, heron, hammer kop, egret and grebe. The park also homes a rhino sanctuary and harbors other game such as Lion, Hippo, Water buck, Zebra, and Leopard among others. Dinner and overnight at Sarova Lion Hill Lodge.
Lake Nakuru-Masai Mara
Depart after breakfast and drive into the Great Rift Valley and the Loita plains on to Masai Mara game Reserve arriving in time for lunch at Ashnil Mara camp. Afternoon game drive in the Mara Reserve until evening. Dinner and overnight at Ashnil Mara camp.
Full day Masai Mara
After breakfast full day game drive around the Park and along the Mara River in search of hippos, crocodiles, famous the BIG FIVE, viewing the great migration of wildebeests into Mara savanna grasslands and plains which starts mid-July until end of August. Lunch is served in picnic boxes at the river, afternoon game drive on route to camp. Dinner and overnight at Ashnil Mara camp.
Masai Mara- Nairobi
After breakfast check out with a game drive en route before exiting the park and driving to Nairobi city. Drop off at respective hotel.
***END OF SAFARI***
High level Lodges/Luxury camps:
- Masai mara game reserve:- Mara serena,Mara Sarova,Ashnil mara,Keekorok lodge,Mara simba lodge
- Lake Nakuru national park: –Sarova lion hill , Lake nakuru lodge
- Samburu national park:- Ashnil samburu camp ,Sarova shaba ,Samburu simba lodge
Standard level lodges/Luxury camps
- Masai Mara:–Mara sopa lodge,Fig tree camp,Mara leisure camp
- Lake Nakuru national park:- Flamingo hill camp, Nakuru sopa lodge
- Samburu national park:– Samburu lodge,Samburu sopa lodge
Mid level lodges /Luxury camps:-
- Masai Mara:–Sentrim mara,Olumara camp, Elengata olerai
- Lake Nakuru national park:– Lake nakuru lodge,
- Samburu national park:– Samburu sentrim camp
Tour package price:Safari Van
|Cost per person sharing||Low Season||Mid Season||Peak Season|
|High Level Accomodation||2 pax||$ 3428||$ 3766||$ 4518|
|4 pax||$ 2942||$ 3280||$ 4025|
|6 pax||$ 2777||$ 3121||$ 3861|
|Standard Level Accomodation||2 pax||$3064||$3246||$3409|
|Mid Level Accomodation||2 pax||$2908||$3019||$3090|
Tour package price:Land Cruiser
|Cost per person sharing||Low Season||Mid Season||Peak Season|
|High Level Accomodation||2 pax||$ 3778||$ 4116||$ 4868|
|4 pax||$ 3117||$ 3455||$ 4200|
|6 pax||$ 2894||$ 3238||$ 3978|
|Standard Level Accomodation||2 pax||$3414||$3596||$3759|
|Mid Level Accomodation||2 pax||$3258||$3369||$3440|
High Season – 1st Jul – 31st Oct 2022 & 23rd Dec 2022- 1st Jan 2023
Mid-Season – 4th Jan 2022 – 31st March 2022.
Low Season – 1st Apr – 30th June 2022
- Prices are based on per person sharing. Prices for solo traveller or groups can be requested.
- Children between 12 to 18 years: 75% of adult price
- Children between 3 to 11: 50% sharing with parents
- Single room supplement will apply in all categories except on safaris taken during the low season.
- The pick up time will be provided at at the time of this safari confirmation.
- Landcruiser usage available at an extra cost of usd.60 per day per group
Tour price includes
- Pick up and drop off to Hotel/ Airport.
- Accommodation while on Safari
- Meals and Mineral Water while on safari
- Services of literate English driver/guide Or other language speaking Drivers Guide of your request
- National park & game reserve entrance fees as per itinerary.
- Safari transport by safari van/Jeep with a roof hatch that ‘pops up’ to enable easy viewing and photography
- Excursions & activities as per itinerary with a request
Tour price excludes:
- Visas and related costs.
- Personal Taxes.
- Drinks, Beverages, tips, laundry, telephone calls and other items of a personal nature.
- International flights.
- Optional excursions and activities not listed in the itinerary like Balloon safari, Masai Village walks etc.
What to bring:
- Insect repellent;
- Light clothes for day wear & warm jacket/pullover for the chilly evenings and mornings
- Sneakers, walking boots or sandals.
- Enough film or memory cards for your cameras.
- Things of personal nature